What is the average hot water heater replacement cost?
If you’re thinking about buying a hot water heater replacement, your task might be a bit more complicated than you think. Prices for new units range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. When you begin your search, you’ll find a variety of models, options, and prices.
Is it time for a hot water heater replacement?
If you’re like most homeowners, you’ll purchase a hot water heater replacement only when necessary. If your family is growing, you might require greater hot water capacity. If you’ve had your water heater for 10 to 12 years, it’s probably past time to consider a new unit.
If you don’t know your water heater’s age, it will tell you when it’s time for a replacement.
- Water not hot enough
- No hot water at all
- It makes odd noises
- It leaks
- Water isn’t clear
The average cost
Home Advisor estimates an $835 average cost for a 40 to 50-gallon hot water heater replacement in New London County. The cost increases to $1068 for a high-end unit. Both estimates include installation. Your cost will depend on which factors are important to your family.
- Tank capacity- How many people in your family?
- High efficiency- Is energy savings a critical goal?
- Size- How much room do you have for a hot water heater replacement?
- Fuel- Gas or electricity?
- Tank or tankless- Tankless units heat water on demand while tank heaters store hot water until you use it.
As you’re calculating your costs, be sure to review the average annual energy costs for the unit you prefer. Energy costs will be an expense factor throughout your heater’s functional life.
Energy rebates and savings
Energize Connecticut offers incentives up to $300 for homeowners who choose an energy-saving gas hot water heater replacement. The program serves CNG, SCG or Eversource customers in Connecticut. The unit you choose must be Energy Star certified.
- Tankless heaters must have a .94 or greater energy factor (EF).
- Storage water heaters must have a thermal efficiency of .95 or greater.
Contact Q’s Plumbing and Heating
Our skilled plumbers can tell you all you need to know about hot water heater replacement or repair. Give us a call at 869.501.6006 or complete our contact form. Let us know if you have a heating or plumbing emergency that requires our immediate attention.
- Good service and price.nick w
- Very knowledgeable & very reasonable. Very personable as well. Will def call again!!!Heather Harrison-Rouillard
- They did an amazing job!!!!!Anthony Florenzano
- They did an excellent job! Highly recommend them for your plumbing needs!Anthony Florenzano
- They did an amazing job on responding to my emergency issues and taking care of preventative maintenance on the boilers in both my rental units and my homes.Andrew Kidd
- Great service!Diane Zemko
- Very fast, friendly, and his crew was amazing and very thorough explaining everything as repair was being made. Highly recommend!!!CALEB CLARK
- Thank you guys, job well done!Charlotte Jacques
- Excellent communication and service. Would highly recommend.Ken Rosa
- These guys are great! Definitely recommend! Great service and great prices!Diane Zemko
- They were Professional and Courteous at all times. Affordable and worked well while dealing with the insurance company.Thomas Ecklid
- Overall, I was highly satisfied.JillDavid Bauer
- Our waterpump went out this morning and they acted quickly and efficiently to put a new one in, having water back within just a few hours.Marissa Fontaine
- Honest, knowledgeable and professional! I called around to get price quotes for a furnace clean..Joe Mackinnon
- Without a doubt - Best Plumber around!!! Quick emergency service and spot ON with the quoting. Reasonable pricing too.David Joslin
- Q’s plumbing did an amazing job on our new gas boiler install. We converted from oil and the whole process seemed overwhelming.Amy Costello Florenzano
- Absolutely awesome overall experience! Great professional work team!Chrissy Remiesiewicz
- Top notch customer service and rates are very reasonable. Mark installed our system and we have been using him ever since.C Baker
- Can't say enough about the owner, Marc, and the excellent work his employees did at my house. I will recommend him over and over.Avery Marsh
- They are GreatKathy Nehrbass
- Competitive fees as well as highly experienced services makes them unbelievable. A+ Business!Jae Bradburd
- Very professional and easy to work with. Job well done.Jeff Woodworth
- They completed the job fast and were super friendly.Amber Sterling
- A quick response to my call, very good serviceGabriel Crawley
- Very good service. Did not try to rip me off. Very reasonable.Bridgette O'Lone
- They answered all my questions/concerns and worked with me to resolve a unique problem I had. I will be contacting them first in the future.eric bookmiller
- Mark and his guys are great. I was renovating a house in Manchester, CT and he was recommended by my lender.Paul Rosenbeck
- I would HIGHLY recommend them!Lisa Adams
- Amazing service, very friendly staff, and extremely efficient with the work. Excellent pricing and a pleasurable experience all-around!chelsea teague
- Needed someone to install a new toilet and Marc was quick and efficient!! My mom isn't good at English but he was very patient with her.Angela Chen
- On point, reliable, and super knowledgeable! Awesome experienceJessye Leonard
- Fast, reliable,honest, and very personable staffSamantha Healy
- Outstanding knowledge and skills.Todd Tooley
- I recommend Q's, Mark is fast, friendly, honest and affordable! Thank you Mark!Lori Okoney-Brown
Our Service Area:
Q’s Plumbing & Heating, LLC of Uncasville, CT proudly services clients within New County, Connecticut. These towns and cities include:
Lyme, Stonington, Old Lyme, Stonington, Salem, North Stonington, Bozrah, Wateford, Ledyard, East Lyme, Colchester, Lebanon, Lisbon, Voluntown, Franklin, Sprague, Groton, Griswold, Groton City, Montville, Norwich, Jewett City, New London, Pawcatuck, Mystic, Old Mystic, and more.